Listen on iTunes – https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/iot613-podcast/id1372581279?mt=2
On today’s episode, we have special guest Dominira Saul, Partner and Chief Experience Architect at Akendi. Dominira is also an advisor to IoT613.
Feel free to engage with us on Twitter using the hashtag #IoT613.
– Where are you from, what did you study and how did you come to work with Akendi?
– Can you tell me more about what Akendi does and who they do it for?
– Your passion seems to be user centred design, where does the interest in UX come from?
– As a leader in user centered design, are there certain things you see every day that drive you crazy?
– You were instructing at Carleton University for a number of years, what was the curriculum you were exploring with students?
– What stands out as the difference between your business life and teaching?
– What is your advice for designers who have an interest in learning more about UX methodologies?
– You have worked on many familiar household items such as the ecobee, what have you been working on lately?
– How have internet connected devices changed the human experience or UX game?
– If a company is considering hiring a UX company, what questions should they be asking?
– How do you approach Usability Testing?
– Do you have an interest in machine learning and ai? How do you see this technology evolving over the coming years?
In this episode, we speak with special guest Mark Hearn, Strategic Business Development, IoT Security at Irdeto.
From product manager to cybersecurity Mark is currently growing the important product, Cloakware by Irdeto, A battle-proven solution for connected automobiles and other devices keeping tampering and hackers out.
So grab a coffee and enjoy the show. Also feel free to engage with us on Twitter using the hashtag #IoT613.
1:05 Can you tell us a bit about your background and how you came to join Irdeto?
3:30 Career development at Cloakware and Irdeto.
4:27 Tell us about Irdeto’s solutions. How do they work? Who are they for?
6:30 Irdeto Customers, Connected Devices, and Users
7:12 With the growth of IoT in all industries and sectors, how has Irdeto kept up with the cybersecurity industry as a leader?
9:02 Can you tell us some of the challenges related to Connected Spaces and Connected Transportation?
10:54 Irdeto has 15 offices across the world with head office in the Netherlands. Can you speak about how the Ottawa office contributes to the Irdeto ecosystem?
13:25 Do you find Ottawa has the talent, partners, and skills to help Irdeto?
14:23 I understand the Cloakware product learns from cyber attacks and gives clients and industry reports and analysis with plans to implement patches and updates. Can you tell me more about the reverse engineering and AI technology involved?
18:00 How do you see Irdeto evolving over the next decade or so?
19:30 What technologies interest you as an individual?
22:00 Thank you, Mark, for being a part of IoT613.